A California arrest can be a distressing and trying experience. If you have been arrested for a crime in the greater San Diego area, you are likely feeling many different emotions as you consider your future. Depending on the nature of your charges, you could be facing harsh penalties that will change your life forever.
The best way to protect yourself and your freedom is to work with an experienced San Diego criminal defense attorney. David M. Boertje is a criminal defense lawyer in San Diego who understands the way that the criminal justice system operates and how to develop customized defense strategies that can improve your chances of having your case dropped or your charges reduced. With a keen understanding of all legal procedures, David M. Boertje has the background you want to handle all the intricate aspects of your case.
What Should You Ask a California Criminal Defense Attorney?
Preparing to choose a criminal defense attorney in California is an important first step towards equipping yourself with the best chances of having a favorable result in your case. When you meet with an attorney, asking targeted questions can help you determine which legal mind will be the best for you. Choosing a defense lawyer in California should not be taken lightly as the outcome of your case will be highly dependent on your legal representation.
Consider bringing with you a list of questions. Here are some samples:
- Are you licensed and experienced in practicing criminal law in San Diego?
- How long have you been practicing in San Diego?
- Do you have courtroom experience? If so, how many years?
- Have you represented cases like mine? If so, what was the outcome?
- How will communication work? What is the frequency of communication?
- Are you responsive to phone calls and emails?
- Can you tell me what defense strategies may work for my case?
- What is the payment structure that you offer? Do you have payment plans?
- Do you charge by the hour or is there a fixed rate that you use?
- What would be a rough estimate of how much it will cost to hire you for my case?
- Would pleading guilty be the right avenue for my case?
Writing down the information that you gather when you meet with an attorney is a good way to remember it, evaluate it, and determine then what attorney will serve you the best. When your liberties and freedoms are on the line, working with the most knowledgeable legal counsel is necessary.
Meet With a San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Today
Meeting with David M. Boertje, a California criminal defense attorney is easy. Simply call the Law Offices of David M. Boertje to schedule a complimentary, initial case evaluation at (619) 229-1870 for the San Diego office or (760) 476-0901 for the Carlsbad location. It is common to have questions and concerns after an arrest. David M. Boertje has been practicing criminal law in San Diego for almost 20 years and can provide you with the answers you need to know.